Mishkin, 55, is currently the Alfred Lerner professor of the Banking and Financial Institutions at Columbia University's Graduate School of Business. He has also been a professor at the University of Chicago, Northwestern University and Princeton University.
He received his bachelor's degree and his doctorate from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard