"I expect substantial progress this week" said Mr. Rato when asked about the third review of the 13 billion US dollar program with Argentina.
Argentina is currently holding negotiations with private holders of defaulted bonds dating to December 2001, and the country must negotiate in "good faith
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Brian Wynter on Jamaica’s inflation-targeting transition
- Argentinian central bank raises large banks’ reserve requirements