"Politically, it is too important for France to give up," one source said.
Sources conceded that the decision of the judge overseeing Trichet's trial on charges of false accounting to set a date of 18 June for the verdict poses problems for the French central banker, who is
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for monetary gold a fool’s errand?
- European Court of Justice overrules ECB on French banks’ leverage
- Malaysian central bank reshuffles senior staff
- FSB launches crypto asset monitoring framework
- Communication strategies too weak to ‘pierce veil of inattention’ – research