Caijing, the magazine, reported on Thursday that a source has said that Yam will join the People's Bank of China in September as an adviser on monetary reform.
Government sources were reported to have said back in 2007 that Yam would step down this year.
Yam, who is thought to be the highest paid central bank chief in the world, has hea
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations