"It remains to be seen how (reserves) will develop further," Zhou told reporters on the sidelines of the monthly meeting of G-10 central bank governors in Basel. "I can't say now; let's see the data."
"There were some special reasons" for the first quarter surge, Zhou said, citing companies' overseas profits, the fiscal calendar
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde