Speaking in Johannesburg on Tuesday 12 July , Mboweni said the recent experiences of the EU demonstrated that it was necessary to be strict about macroeconomic convergence criteria, which had to be written into a legally binding contract for member nations.
He also emphasised th
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde