"The very, very strong message is of fiscal consolidation and responsibility. It is very good for the market as a whole," Mohan told reporters ahead of a central bank board meeting.
Mohan was talking to reporters after the new government unveiled its keenly awaited federal budget for th
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say