In its "Administration and expenditure of the Chancellor's departments" report, the Treasury Committee, a 14-strong panel, demanded the Treasury quantify and disclose the liabilities relating to its bailouts of several of the country's leading lenders.
"By nationalising financial institutions, th
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system