The newspaper cited unidentified sources as saying that the foreign reserve operations center will be under the control of the State Administration of Foreign Exchange.
According to the report, the central bank also plans to set up a gold reserve operations center in Shanghai, which will be managed by the central bank's Currency, Gold and Silver Bureau.
The newspaper said
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms