Marcus is taking a three-month break to consider her future, but is unlikely to return to the SARB according to a report by the Sunday Times, Johannesburg.
Business Day said her abrupt departure turns the spotlight on governor Tito Mboweni's tenure. His contract expires in August this year.
A statement released by th
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says