The 10 new EU members have agreed to join the single currency at the earliest possibility, reported the Financial Times, but economists believe some countries would be better off to wait before taking the leap.
Slovenia, Cyprus, Hungary, Malta and the Baltic states are expected to be among the first to join the
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for monetary gold a fool’s errand?
- European Court of Justice overrules ECB on French banks’ leverage
- Malaysian central bank reshuffles senior staff
- FSB launches crypto asset monitoring framework
- Communication strategies too weak to ‘pierce veil of inattention’ – research