Quoting an unnamed source familiar with the situation, AFX said Miles has been tipped as a potential MPC member since he published a Treasury-backed review of the UK mortgage market in 2004.
The central bank's interest rate-setting committee should have nine members but is currently down to seven members f
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase