Syed Wasimuddin, Chief Spokesman at the State Bank of Pakistan told us
"The Governor, State Bank of Pakistan, Dr. Ishrat Husain is fine. He resumed the office on 21st February, 2002 after availing of fourteen days leave with effect from 7th February, 2002. Mr. R.A. Chughtai, Deputy Governor acted as Governor, State Bank of Pakistan during Governor's leave."
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS