He succeeds Fakhruddin Ahmed whose term as the head of Bangladesh Bank ends tomorrow.
According to Zee News, Salehuddin Ahmed will take charge on Monday for a four-year term. He was associated with Palli Karma Shohayak Foundation, dealing with micro-credits for the poor, before his new appointment.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde