Several eurozone states support the plan, arguing it might help curb price rises because consumers psychologically give notes a higher value and therefore tend to spend them reluctantly.
Italy and Greece are strong advocates of the initiative a
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system