While still in negative territory, the Bank of Japan's quarterly "tankan" survey of corporate sentiment improved for a third straight quarter. The confidence of major manufacturers rose to minus 9 from minus 14 in July-September.
The index gives the percentage of companies
- EU stress tests should follow US example – EBA chairman
- Podcast series: central banking in the post-crisis world
- Central banks should challenge risky fintech projects – Carstens
- Research project weighs bold plans for cross-border payments
- Sri Lankan central bank tackles ‘large and persistent’ liquidity deficit