Source: Financial Times
John Snow, US treasury secretary, yesterday urged China to abandon its fixed currency regime, arguing that a "functioning financial system is one based on flexible exchange rates".
In unexpectedly tough remarks on the eve of a visit to Beijing, Mr Snow said: "We want to be
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations