Antti Heinonen, the head of banknotes the European Central Bank (ECB) since 1998, scooped the award at a ceremony in Prague "for his long and outstanding contribution to currency innovation."
"Naturally, I am pleased to get such recognition. At the same time, I understand that it is a recognition of the
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro