"The downtrend in prices is slightly improving," he told a parliamentary meeting. "But looking at consumer prices the trend is still for a continued downtrend. It's hard to see deflation being overcome."
The CPI figure is closely watched because the Bank of Japan, aiming to end the deflation that has crippled the country's economy for over
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power