British finance minister Gordon Brown, the meeting's host, has made a string of proposals to reduce Third World debt and has already secured the support of his European G7 partners.
But John Taylor, U.S. Treasury Under Secretary, rejected a plan to create an International Finance Facility (IFF) to raise $100 billion a y
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey