The Washington Post, a newspaper, reported that plans for an agency to protect consumers against products as wide ranging as mortgages and mutual funds were in the offing.
The newspaper quoted sources as saying: "Plans for a new body remain fluid, but it could be granted broad powers to make sure the terms and marketing of a wide range of loans and other finan
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- Vietnam says it is “actively prepared” to intervene in forex market