Comments the day before by the central bank chief and by Finance Minister Kiichi Miyazawa were interpreted in the foreign exchange markets as endorsing a drop in the yen as a way of easing deflationary pressures and helping Japan's exporters.
But today [Mar 8] Hayami reverted to his long-held mantra that a
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank