In a hurriedly called press conference to launch an ECB report on banking stability in the European Union, Edgar Meister, who heads the ECB's banking supervision committee, dismissed talk of a Berlin-backed bank rescue plan.
Mr Meister, who also sits on the board of the Bund
- Argentine finance minister becomes central bank governor as crisis deepens
- Central bankers share vision for ‘business as usual’ big data
- ECB commits to tapering bond purchase programme
- PRA official says financial system must become more cyber-resilient
- Woodford shows finite horizons matter when modelling