Source: Financial Times
Mervyn King, who takes over as governor of the Bank of England in the summer, has insisted he would be prepared to be on the losing side of a vote in the Bank's monetary policy committee.
Questioned by the Treasury select committee, he denied suggestions that as governor he would
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes
- RBA paper modifies DGSE to include housing sector