Annualised inflation in the eurozone dipped from 1.6% in December to 1.1% this month, its lowest level since June 1999. The year-on-year Japanese core inflation figure was 0.2% in the year to December, down from 1% in November.
The eurozone figure - a flash estimate from Eurostat, the European Union's statistics bureau - is yet to be confirmed. How
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations