Taylor said President George W. Bush had issued an executive order last November granting Iraq the right to open the account.
"This enables the central bank to earn income on its reserves, of approximately $5 billion, that will be over $100 million a year. That ca
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes
- Philippines considers boosting central bank capital