Source: Irish Times
Minister for Finance, Mr McCreevy, has said he will support Austria's candidate for a position on the executive board of the European Central Bank (ECB).
Mr McCreevy told reporters Tuesday that Ms Gertrude Tumpel-Gugerell, a deputy governor at the Austrian central bank, had won his support because she 'very adequately qualified' for the role.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde