Maccarone is a respected banker and former head of state-run Banco Nacion and also served in the economy ministry in the Peronist government under Domingo Cavallo. He was named on April 25 as replacement for Pedro Pou.
"By approving this appointment we are cooperating to help govern Argentina, with a fully legitimate president of the Central Bank," said Sen. Jo
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?