Under the amendments the governor's powers concerning the fiscal reserve will be restricted. The Parliament decided that it would vote the necessary minimal reserve every year, which will depend on the condition of the country's economy and the budget's stability.
The amendments also provide for public investment procedures in the banking
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say