The source was commenting on yesterdays, 24 May, statement from President Vladimir Putin that he was willing to dip into Russia's gold and diamond reserves to help people in the flood-hit Sakha Republic who have lost their homes.
"Our monetary programme doesn't allow central bank gold sales. We have t
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system