"Our monetary policy task is straightforward -- but it is certainly not simple," Pianalto, who is a voter on the rate-setting Federal Open Market Committee under this year's rotation, told the Cuyahoga Valley Communities Council annual meeting in Brecksville, Ohio.
"Our goals are to maintain price stability and promote maximum sustainable ec
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say