"Don't ask such stupid questions," Hayami told reporters Wednesday when asked about market rumours he planned to step down soon.
Speculation that the hawkish 77-year old BOJ governor might be on the verge of resigning has come and gone over the past year amid unsubstantiated rumours about his bad health and discontent with the job.
Hayami has consistently denied thos
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations