The widely expected decision by the central bank's Federal Open Market Committee maintains the overnight federal funds rate target at the level it hit in June after 17 straight quarter-percentage point increases.
In a statement outlining its decision, the Fed said it continues to focus on inflation risks, holding
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde