Belgium's cabinet will probably announce Praet's candidacy after its weekly meeting on Friday ahead of a meeting of euro zone finance ministers next week, the report in Le Soir said.
Praet and deputy central bank governor Luc Coene had been seen as likely candidates to replace Spaniard Eugenio Domingo Solans on the
- Supervisory lessons: resolution is a ‘dirty business’
- Key Brexit vote complicates outlook for UK economy
- European auditors ask lawmakers for increased access to ECB documents
- Switzerland grants fintech firms access to interbank payment system
- BIS’s Borio calls on economists to take money more seriously