Belgium's cabinet will probably announce Praet's candidacy after its weekly meeting on Friday ahead of a meeting of euro zone finance ministers next week, the report in Le Soir said.
Praet and deputy central bank governor Luc Coene had been seen as likely candidates to replace Spaniard Eugenio Domingo Solans on the
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms