The bank has not given any reason for the rise, but one foreign exchange dealer attributed the rise to remittances sent by Pakistanis working abroad.
The break-up of the foreign reserves position is: foreign reserves held by the State Bank of Pakistan: $1,851.0 million; foreign reserves held by banks (other than SBP): $1,582,9 millio
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?