The council will serve as a vehicle for communication between the Asian and Pacific members of the BIS and its board and management on issues affecting Asian central banks. The council's first chairman will be Ian Macfarlane, Governor of the Reserve Bank of Australia. The new body will meet at least once a year.
The BIS, fo
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Podcast: David Vines on how to reform the DSGE model
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB