Meirelles was displeased, according to these rumours, over an interview given on Tuesday 3 February by Finance Minister Antonio Palocci which sought to ease concerns about monetary policy. In particular Palocci said recent inflationary spikes were seasonal and that base rate will continue to fall.
These rumours were compounded when, soon after they were aired, President
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting