The Reserve Bank said the average shopkeeper fee for Bankcard, MasterCard and Visa had fallen 25 per cent, from 1.4 per cent of the transaction cost to 1.05 per cent, since March 2003.
"The decline in merchant service fees since October 2003 amounts to an annual saving of around $430 million for Australian merchants
- EU stress tests should follow US example – EBA chairman
- Podcast series: central banking in the post-crisis world
- Central banks should challenge risky fintech projects – Carstens
- Research project weighs bold plans for cross-border payments
- Sri Lankan central bank tackles ‘large and persistent’ liquidity deficit