Mr Gunason has been Governor of the Central Bank since 1994. He started his career at the Central Bank in 1969 and has held various posts at the bank, including Economist, Department Director, Chief Economist from 1984 to 1986 and Assistant Governor from 1987 to 1994.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde