When asked about a possible increase in the pace of ECB tightening, he answered: "This could be the case ... we will meet next week and we will reassess."
"We have not pre-committed to any specific timing ... for us it is very important to keep inflation expectations well anchored all of the time," he
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank