Tutty, 58, is currently Vice President of the European Investment Bank (EIB) and former second secretary general in the Department of Finance.
A position with the ECB will become vacant in the coming months when the term of Eugenio Domingo Solans expires.
While working in the Department of Finance, Tutty was responsible for
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say