A spokesman for the ECB said they found out this morning that Trichet would be absent because of "personal reasons".
Gertrude Tumpel-Gugerell, a member of the central bank's executive board, will take Trichet's place.
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?