"I am not a candidate because I do not want to leave the country," Constancio said in a statement.
The governor of the Bank of Portugal said that he had told the Portuguese government of his position, adding that he had no knowledge of any possible Portuguese candidacy for the post.
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Brian Wynter on Jamaica’s inflation-targeting transition
- Argentinian central bank raises large banks’ reserve requirements