The document was signed during talks in Shanghai between the Russian and Chinese prime ministers, Mikhail Kasyanov and Zhu Rongji.
The central bank's deputy chairman ,Viktor Melnikov, told Itar-Tass that the accord was very important as Russian and Chinese businessmen for the first time were given the right to open correspondent accounts in national currenci
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase