Alistair Darling, the chancellor of the exchequer, told a group of lawmakers on Tuesday: "It could be that in some cases it could be easier to do a good bank, bad bank split."
He did not detail the cases in which a bad bank would prove easier.
The British authorities on 19 January announced plans for an insurance scheme whereby the United K
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations