Liebscher, also the head of Austria's central bank, said he expected a slow recovery to pick up in the second half of the year.
The European Commission earlier this month forecast economic growth in the 12 nation euro zone this year at 1.7 percent.
- Argentine finance minister becomes central bank governor as crisis deepens
- Central bankers share vision for ‘business as usual’ big data
- ECB commits to tapering bond purchase programme
- PRA official says financial system must become more cyber-resilient
- Woodford shows finite horizons matter when modelling