Referring to the current 1% fed funds rate, McTeer told CNNfn that that level "could be a bit higher, and policy would still be very accommodative."
In other comments, the nonvoting member of the interest rate setting Federal Open Market Committee told the network that the when the central bankers attend meetings of the FOM
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Rising rates seen as main risk by reserve managers
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré