Norges Bank has decided to increase the interest rate on banks' deposits with Norges Bank, the sight deposit rate, by 0.50 percentage point with effect from Thursday, 4 July. The interest rate on banks' overnight loans will also be increased by 0.50 percentage point. The sight deposit rate and overnight lending rate will hence be 7.00 per cent and 9.00 per cent.
Deputy Governor Jarle Bergo says that according to Norges Bank's overall
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting