Swedish opposition to the euro is surging as cabinet ministers and labor unions turn against adopting the currency, threatening Prime Minister Goeran Persson's ambition of leading the nation into European monetary union.
Five months before the Sept. 14 vote on adopting the eur
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor