Professor Lars Svenson, a Swedish academic, was commissioned to write an independent report into the handling of monetary policy. He concluded that while Mr Brash had carried out his duties well, there were risks for the future in so much power being concentrated in just one man's hands.
Professor Svenson's recommendations are that
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory