Professor Lars Svenson, a Swedish academic, was commissioned to write an independent report into the handling of monetary policy. He concluded that while Mr Brash had carried out his duties well, there were risks for the future in so much power being concentrated in just one man's hands.
Professor Svenson's recommendations are that
- Supervisory lessons: resolution is a ‘dirty business’
- Key Brexit vote complicates outlook for UK economy
- European auditors ask lawmakers for increased access to ECB documents
- Switzerland grants fintech firms access to interbank payment system
- BIS’s Borio calls on economists to take money more seriously